Pages

Tuesday 9 September 2014

NOTD | Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Paprika





























Hate to be a Debbie downer, but this nail varnish has really annoyed me, but I'll start with the positive. When the Gelly Hi-Shine range first came out I was buzzin, I was straight in Boots. But the first time I tried it, it definitely wasn't love between us, I think mostly because I'd been impatient and not read any reviews about how it really does need 3 coats to look nice and glossy. This time round I thought I'd give the formula one more chance just because I was completely in love with the colour. So I was patient and applied all 3 coats, nicely surprised by how quickly it was drying but actually a bit disgusted by the colour on the ends of my fingers, instead of the burnt orange I was hoping for, I am now faced with brick brown nails, which wasn't really the look that I was going for...

But for the sake of my blog and a full review, I still have poo brown nails (cry cry).
In bullet point form I'm going to round it up..

1. The formulation won me over, it really is quite nice and shiny
2. I hate the brush
3. The other shades look lovely, don't be fooled by this one
4. I've had 2 showers and washed the pots 3 times whilst since I applied, and only have a little chip on one nail

So it's not all bad, but seriously, this shade is awful, if you've already tried this let me know what you thought of the colour in a comment.

If you don't already, follow me on Bloglovin' :) (please & thank you)

No comments:

Post a Comment