Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

Winter Lip Saviors





























































Usually I'm a real leave it till last minute (or until it's too late) kinda gal, but this year I fully prepared myself in the lip department. Last winter I battled with my dry lips, they'd crack and just look plain mingy to be honest. Also, I love matte lipstick, and it's such a no go when you have dead, crusty lips.

So, I did a little bit of blog stalking to find myself some real warrior lip balms. They've been tried and test and I think I've picked 2 goodies. I'm sure you've all heard of Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm before, it comes in a glass pot and usually I don't go for pots cos the whole poking your finger in product thing really doesn't appeal to me, but I was willing to look past that. It's a thick yellow balm that honestly looks a bit like ear wax on the finger (soz) but smells faintly like a Terry's Chocolate Orange (dreamy). Only a small amount is needed, too much is just a thick, gross, sticky mess. I really work it into the lips and let it warm up, which leaves lips feeling smooth and the product sinks in and isn't the slightest bit sticky.

I've been using it for around a month now, I even took it holiday with me, and I just love it. I always love finding a product worth the price and one a can trust and repurchase.

The other is Aloe Lip Care from The Body Shop, an instantly soothing, relief giving lip balm from a squeezy tube, so it's much more hygienic. It's not as thick as the Reve De Miel, but much like it, a smaller amount works better and looks more appealing as it can be quite goopy in large amounts. It's slightly tacky on the lips, but doesn't give you that hair super glued to your face issue. It's really lovely in the way that you can rub your lips together and it won't have dried up and look all dishevelled and need another application. It's also cheaper than high end lip balms, but just as good, if not better than most.

Nuxe Reve De Miel - £9.50
The Body Shop Aloe Lip Care - £5

If you don't already, follow me on Bloglovin' :) (please & thank you)

No comments:

Post a Comment